1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer G3 Spray Can 400g
1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer is supplied ready for use in an easy to use Aerosol. This product is ideal for use over a variety of substrates on rub through areas and small spot repairs, it can be used as a wet on wet primer or dried and sanded prior to topcoating with GRS, Delfleet, Cobra, 2K or Envirobase HP. The product is available in four shades of grey: G3-G5-G6-G7.
PREPARATION OF SUBSTRATE
Thoroughly clean & abrade the substrate to be painted using the recommended PPG wax & grease remover products and procedures. Sand or abrade the substrate using P400 dry abrasive or using a fine Mirlon pad.
> Repeat the cleaning process as shown above.
1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer can be applied over suitably prepared:
- Original sound OEM paint finishes.
- Bare Metal after sanding and degreasing.
- Aluminium after scuffing and degreasing.
- Galvanised & zinc coated steel after scuffing and degreasing.
- Polyester bodyfillers after sanding.
- GRP Fibreglass after sanding and degreasing.
- Do not apply 1K Epoxy Rub Thru primer over spraying enamel & acrylic lacquer.
- Do not apply 1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer under polyester bodyfiller.
Application Guide Shaking Shake the can gently for a few seconds until the agitator can be heard moving freely inside the can.
- Mixing Ratio Supplied ready for Use - No Need to Mix.
- Number of Coats 1 - 2 coats
- Spray distance 20-30 cm from panel
- Drying Times Air Dry @ 20 - 30 Minutes @ 20C before sanding
- Sanding P500 Grit dry or P800 Grit wet.
- Topcoating GRS, Delfleet, Cobra, 2K or Envirobase HP.