1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer is supplied ready for use in an easy to use Aerosol. This product is ideal for use over a variety of substrates on rub through areas and small spot repairs, it can be used as a wet on wet primer or dried and sanded prior to topcoating with GRS, Delfleet, Cobra, 2K or Envirobase HP. The product is available in four shades of grey: G3-G5-G6-G7.
PREPARATION OF SUBSTRATE
Thoroughly clean & abrade the substrate to be painted using the recommended PPG wax & grease remover products and procedures. Sand or abrade the substrate using P400 dry abrasive or using a fine Mirlon pad.
> Repeat the cleaning process as shown above.
1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer can be applied over suitably prepared:
- Original sound OEM paint finishes.
- Bare Metal after sanding and degreasing.
- Aluminium after scuffing and degreasing.
- Galvanised & zinc coated steel after scuffing and degreasing.
- Polyester bodyfillers after sanding.
- GRP Fibreglass after sanding and degreasing.
- Do not apply 1K Epoxy Rub Thru primer over spraying enamel & acrylic lacquer.
- Do not apply 1K Epoxy Rub Thru Primer under polyester bodyfiller.
Application Guide Shaking Shake the can gently for a few seconds until the agitator can be heard moving freely inside the can.
- Mixing Ratio Supplied ready for Use - No Need to Mix.
- Number of Coats 1 - 2 coats
- Spray distance 20-30 cm from panel
- Drying Times Air Dry @ 20 - 30 Minutes @ 20C before sanding
- Sanding P500 Grit dry or P800 Grit wet.
- Topcoating GRS, Delfleet, Cobra, 2K or Envirobase HP.
Shipping & Delivery
Orders will be shipped by couriers. Orders received before 1pm will be sent out same day.
If there are items missing we will send what we have with a note of when the rest of the order will be shipped or you will be offered a refund.
In some cases we ship from different locations, if this is the case you will be sent an email telling you of this.
We cannot ship out internationally outside of New Zealand.
Goods ordered which are either faulty or not as ordered may be returned for a full refund. This must be within a reasonable period.
This included goods which:
- are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- don't match our description or sample (please note that some product pictures may not be of the actual product size - manufacturers supply us with a single product image to cover a range of package sizes - and that the size, volume or weight stated in the product description is what you will get)
- have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
Please ring us beforehand to get a Returned Merchandise number and instructions on how to return goods to ensure a speedy resolution.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND:
Sealed and undamaged items may be returned for a refund or account credit, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. Please ring our customer service centre (04-5866681) before sending anything back.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.