A high build lacquer primer filler with good holdout and easy sanding. It can be thinned for use as a filler or primer surfacer, and is suitable for use in bodyshop car refinishing. Ideal for top coating with Dulon Acrylic lacquer.
Products and Additives:
Two Way Thinner 921-00251
Mixing Ratio by Volume:
Autothane 1K Primer 4 parts (Filler mode) | 2 parts (Surfacer mode)
Two Way Thinner 1 Part
Autothane Primer Filler can be applied over suitably prepared:
- Steel after degreasing with Prepsol and conditioning with Deoxidine 624.
- Sound existing paint finishes which have been degreased with prepsol and sanded with P240- P320 dry.
- Fibreglass (GRP) after removing mould release agent using bodykleen, degreasing with prepsol and sanding with P400 dry.
- Polyester body fillers and putties.
Substrates other than those stated should be tested before use, to ensure that the performance of the product is suitable for its intended use.
Spray Gun and Pressure:
|Gravity Feed||1.6 - 2.0mm||1.8 - 2.2mm|
|350 - 400 kPa||70 kPa at cap (10psi)|
|Suction Feed||1.8 - 2.2mm|
|300 - 380 kPa|
Number of Coats: Apply 2-4 full even coats
Flash off Time:
Primer Surfacer: 5-7 minutes between coats @ 25'C.
Primer Filler: 6-9 minutes between coats @ 25'C.
NOTE: Allow previous coat to dull before reapplying. High builds will result in longer flash times
Drying Times: Air Dry:
Primer Surfacer: 30-40 minutes at 25'C
Primer Filler: 50-60 minutes at 25'C
Shipping & Delivery
Orders will be shipped by couriers. Orders received before 1pm will be sent out same day.
If there are items missing we will send what we have with a note of when the rest of the order will be shipped or you will be offered a refund.
In some cases we ship from different locations, if this is the case you will be sent an email telling you of this.
We cannot ship out internationally outside of New Zealand.
Goods ordered which are either faulty or not as ordered may be returned for a full refund. This must be within a reasonable period.
This included goods which:
- are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- don't match our description or sample (please note that some product pictures may not be of the actual product size - manufacturers supply us with a single product image to cover a range of package sizes - and that the size, volume or weight stated in the product description is what you will get)
- have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
Please ring us beforehand to get a Returned Merchandise number and instructions on how to return goods to ensure a speedy resolution.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND:
Sealed and undamaged items may be returned for a refund or account credit, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. Please ring our customer service centre (04-5866681) before sending anything back.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.