Clear colourless volatile liquid with a strong sharp odour. MEK has good solvency & dissolves many substances making it a desired solvent in processes involving: gums, synthetic resins, cellulose acetate, nitrocellulose coatings, vinyl films and many rubbers. Commonly used as a Paint Thinner & High Quality Gun Wash.
Methyl Ethyl Ketone (MEK) Common Uses:
- Surface Coatings: Because Methyl Ethyl Ketone has excellent solvency properties it is widely employed in the manufacture of paints, lacquers, varnishes and thinners. MEK is particularly effective in lacquer formulations of high solid content and low viscosity and in the manufacture of coatings which require a solvent with a relatively fast evaporation rate.
- Cleaning and Degreasing Solvent: Methyl Ethyl Ketone is an excellent cleaning agent, capable of removing almost all oil fat or grease stains.
- Adhesives: Methyl Ethyl Ketone is frequently used as a solvent in the blending and compounding of adhesives. It is also used in the manufacture of synthetic cements.
Methyl Ethyl Ketone is used in a wide variety of materials and industrial processes.
Among these are the following applications:
- Synthetic leather manufacture.
- Magnetic media.
- Rubber products.
- Rubber Solvent.
- Printing inks.
Shipping & Delivery
Orders will be shipped by couriers. Orders received before 1pm will be sent out same day.
If there are items missing we will send what we have with a note of when the rest of the order will be shipped or you will be offered a refund.
In some cases we ship from different locations, if this is the case you will be sent an email telling you of this.
We cannot ship out internationally outside of New Zealand.
Goods ordered which are either faulty or not as ordered may be returned for a full refund. This must be within a reasonable period.
This included goods which:
- are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- don't match our description or sample (please note that some product pictures may not be of the actual product size - manufacturers supply us with a single product image to cover a range of package sizes - and that the size, volume or weight stated in the product description is what you will get)
- have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
Please ring us beforehand to get a Returned Merchandise number and instructions on how to return goods to ensure a speedy resolution.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND:
Sealed and undamaged items may be returned for a refund or account credit, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. Please ring our customer service centre (04-5866681) before sending anything back.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.