Meths - Purple Methylated Spirits - Widely used Industrial Grade Denatured Alcohol used in all applications requiring a coloured industrial grade alcohol which can tolerate a small amount of water. Methylated Spirits is a clear purple, primary, aliphatic alcohol, with a mild non-residual odour and is miscible with most hydrocarbon solvents and chemicals. A concentration of >60% Ethanol is antibacterial.
- Common name(s): Ethanol, Ethyl Alcohol, Alcohol, Meths, HMS, Hydrous Methylated Spirits, Coloured Methylated Spirits, Metho
- UN Number: 1170
Methylated Spirits (Meths) Common Uses:
- Cleans surfaces & floors, sterilising medical and dental instruments and domestic cleaning.
- Glass cleaner – Dilute 1 part Meths with 5 parts water.
- Cleaning wooden floors – Dilute 1/2 cup of Meths with 8 litres of warm water.
- Removes vivid/ink from some painted surfaces.
- Clean burning BBQ starter fuel and fuel for some camping equipment.
- Used in the manufacture of many ethanol cleaning products and cleaning compounds.
- Methylated Spirits is not a “potable” spirit as it includes a denaturant.
- Ethanol MS95WP should be used for similar applications, where an uncoloured, industrial grade alcohol is required.
- Use SDA AMS MS99WP in applications where the presence of water is undesirable.
- Isoproplyl Alcohol can be used when Methylated Spirits is too harsh on plastics and paints. As Methylated Spirits is a primary Alcohol and Isopropyl Alcohol is a secondary Alcohol.
Shipping & Delivery
Orders will be shipped by couriers. Orders received before 1pm will be sent out same day.
If there are items missing we will send what we have with a note of when the rest of the order will be shipped or you will be offered a refund.
In some cases we ship from different locations, if this is the case you will be sent an email telling you of this.
We cannot ship out internationally outside of New Zealand.
Goods ordered which are either faulty or not as ordered may be returned for a full refund. This must be within a reasonable period.
This included goods which:
- are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- don't match our description or sample (please note that some product pictures may not be of the actual product size - manufacturers supply us with a single product image to cover a range of package sizes - and that the size, volume or weight stated in the product description is what you will get)
- have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
Please ring us beforehand to get a Returned Merchandise number and instructions on how to return goods to ensure a speedy resolution.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND:
Sealed and undamaged items may be returned for a refund or account credit, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. Please ring our customer service centre (04-5866681) before sending anything back.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.