Turps 4 Litre
TURPS – Widely used multi-purpose solvent for thinning oil based paint, cleaning brushes and paint spills. Removes oils, tar and grease from metal and some plastic surfaces.
Mineral Turpentine (Turps) Common Uses
- Paint and Resin Manufacture: Used as paint thinner of oil based paint. A component in thinner formulations for both paint and varnish coatings and is also used extensively by painters “on the job” where solvent based coatings are being applied.
- Widely used in the manufacture of alkyd resin based coatings particularly in industrial and exterior finishes due to high odour.
- Industrial Cleaning: Mineral Turpentine is used in many industrial operations as a general cleaning solvent. It will readily remove oil and greases from metal surfaces.
- Household cleaning and domestic herbicide capable of killing almost all unwanted growth.
- Solvent carrier in the manufacture of shoe and furniture polishes, liniments and ink.
- A rubber solvent and reclaiming agent.
- Used in the synthesis of camphor and menthol.
Note Vegetable Turpentine
Is a different product listed as Gum Turpentine in the Paint Thinner category.
- Mineral Turpentine is a refined water-white petroleum solvent of moderate volatility. It is composed of up to 50% aromatic content which ensures very good solvency for this type of product. Mineral Turpentine is often referred to as “Turps” .