TURPS – Widely used multi-purpose solvent for thinning oil based paint, cleaning brushes and paint spills. Removes oils, tar and grease from metal and some plastic surfaces.
Mineral Turpentine (Turps) Common Uses
- Paint and Resin Manufacture: Used as paint thinner of oil based paint. A component in thinner formulations for both paint and varnish coatings and is also used extensively by painters “on the job” where solvent based coatings are being applied.
- Widely used in the manufacture of alkyd resin based coatings particularly in industrial and exterior finishes due to high odour.
- Industrial Cleaning: Mineral Turpentine is used in many industrial operations as a general cleaning solvent. It will readily remove oil and greases from metal surfaces.
- Household cleaning and domestic herbicide capable of killing almost all unwanted growth.
- Solvent carrier in the manufacture of shoe and furniture polishes, liniments and ink.
- A rubber solvent and reclaiming agent.
- Used in the synthesis of camphor and menthol.
Note Vegetable Turpentine
Is a different product listed as Gum Turpentine in the Paint Thinner category.
- Mineral Turpentine is a refined water-white petroleum solvent of moderate volatility. It is composed of up to 50% aromatic content which ensures very good solvency for this type of product. Mineral Turpentine is often referred to as “Turps” .
Shipping & Delivery
Orders will be shipped by couriers. Orders received before 1pm will be sent out same day.
If there are items missing we will send what we have with a note of when the rest of the order will be shipped or you will be offered a refund.
In some cases we ship from different locations, if this is the case you will be sent an email telling you of this.
We cannot ship out internationally outside of New Zealand.
Goods ordered which are either faulty or not as ordered may be returned for a full refund. This must be within a reasonable period.
This included goods which:
- are or become faulty through no fault of your own
- are not fit for a stated purpose or a purpose you made known to our sales staff
- don't match our description or sample (please note that some product pictures may not be of the actual product size - manufacturers supply us with a single product image to cover a range of package sizes - and that the size, volume or weight stated in the product description is what you will get)
- have defects that were not obvious or we did not bring to your attention.
Please ring us beforehand to get a Returned Merchandise number and instructions on how to return goods to ensure a speedy resolution.
IF YOU CHANGE YOUR MIND:
Sealed and undamaged items may be returned for a refund or account credit, but you will have to pay the shipping costs. Please ring our customer service centre (04-5866681) before sending anything back.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.